We are looking for a senior support specialist to work with an Installation Teams on Implementations of Managed Wireless Networks.
Our team is very strong technically and, equally as important, personally. The relationships we build with our customers are a tremendous asset to our organization – one we value and promote.
This job is ideally suited to the specialist who is well-organized, well-versed in all-things-IT, and able to work on the most technically challenging IT jobs.
A support specialist’s typical workday involves network engineering configurations support, infrastructure support, and field service support.
Our typical environment involves Wifi Network systems for the Hotel and MDU Industry. Included but not limited to Ruckus, Aruba and Meraki Wifi Networks. Knowledge of Guest Internet access gateways and firewalls, including Nomadix and others.
Significant Experience with the Following Technology is Required
- Firewalls/managed-switches and various other network equipment
- Understanding of networking protocols such as VLAN, IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IPSec is mandatory.
- Solid understanding of IPv4 and familiarity with IPv6.
- Experience with network management and performance analysis tools
- Provision equipment for Wifi Services-Controller Based Systems (Ruckus and Aruba) ,others welcome.
- Interact with Field service personnel, customers, vendors, carriers, to diagnose, escalate, and resolve issues
- Provide Tier 3 Support for Field Service crews working in the field to install and maintain service to customer.
- Communicate with other departments and customers regarding disposition and status of installations
- Provides project management teams updates on an implementation, installation, configuration, and technical support of network architecture; coordinates projects with other departments and external organizations.
- Maintenance of WIKI and technical documentation of processes and procedures used throughout normal operations.
- Ability to work an on-call rotation for the group to troubleshoot technical issues and escalations.
We value employees that can troubleshoot effectively, work with minimal supervision, communicate clearly, learn quickly and foster relationships.
You’ll Need to Have
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a network operations environment or field services.