Job Title: VP Finance, Corporate Controller
Reporting to: Chief Financial Officer
Location: Raleigh, NC
Start Date: Immediate
Compensation: Commensurate with experience
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Allbridge is a PE backed growth-oriented technology and services provider to Hospitality, Healthcare and Higher Education markets. Allbridge headquarters is located in Raleigh, NC. Allbridge is seeking an experienced VP Finance, Corporate Controller. The VP Finance, Corporate Controller will be a key member of the Accounting and Finance team. The candidate will be responsible for the accurate and timely recording of all Financial Transactions and the production of monthly GAAP compliant financial statements. This will require the candidate to be capable of successfully operating in a high growth, rapidly evolving organization, handling multiple priorities, demonstrating creativity in development and management of policies, procedures and processes, while maintaining an excellent knowledge of the financial recording and reporting requirements related to various governmental initiatives. The VP Finance, Corporate Controller will work to support of Allbridge’s business and strategic plan. This individual will serve as the primary contact with external auditors and tax advisors and is responsible for ensuring compliance with all regulations including statutory audit and tax requirements. This position will report directly to the CFO with regular interaction with the CEO, COO, Private Equity group, Board of Directors, Shareholders, 3rd Party Lenders and others external resources as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead accounting, treasury, accounts payable, accounts receivable, collections, inventory, and fixed assets.
- Provide timely and accurate information on a GAAP compliant basis to the CFO, Leadership Team, Shareholders, Board of Directors, Lenders and Auditors.
- Coordinate and lead efforts to upgrade G/L system along with the implementation of a new ERP/CRM system and process to streamline operations while improving controllership.
- Lead monthly, quarterly and annual closing processes to realize consolidated financial reports (I/S, B/S and CF)
- Provide strategic financial leadership and support on the evaluation of potential alliances, acquisitions, mergers, pension funds and investments and/or other issues affecting the business (Purchase Price Accounting).
- Ensure timely, accurate and complete account reconciliations on a routine basis
- Oversee customer invoicing procedures and ensure the accurate and timely recording of revenues.
- Oversee procurement, accounts payable and T&E expense processing.
- Utilize and improve recently implemented systems: NetSuite, Adaptive, FloQast, Concur and Salesforce.
- Review all controls and propose and implement new and amended control procedures and processes.
- Coordinate and manage external statutory audits and tax compliance annually.
- Coordinate with external tax advisors for timely tax state, local and federal tax filings.
- Optimize the treasury operations.
- Align financial policies and procedures with company objectives
- Effectively manage change within the group and/or organization resulting from change in processes, policies and/or acquisitions.
- Ensure compliance with all Lender covenants (reporting and analysis as needed)
- Provide strong leadership of the finance and accounting staff including the training and development of the team (retention, recruiting and promotion).
- Coordinate with CFO on the development and dissemination of weekly and monthly financial KPIs, including but not limited to Covenant Tests for compliance reporting to Sr. Lender(s).
- Support annual budget efforts as well as interim period forecasting efforts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- CPA Certification (required); BS Degree in Accounting from an accredited college/university; 10+ years of experience in accounting management; Technical Accounting depth with GAAP and newly issued Revenue Recognition principals (606).
- Preferred industries: Technology, Software, Financial Services
- Prior experience with Private Equity, Sr. Lenders and M&A
- Exceptional technical knowledge of GAAP accounting, Income Statements, Balance Sheets, Cash Flow and Software revenue recognition rules(deferred revenues/606)
- M&A experience – Purchase Price Accounting and valuation methods
- Public Accounting firm experience is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Positive and balanced energy level with a hands-on approach combined with the ability to provide leadership and structure in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Comfortable with financial applications to enhance and automate processes, reporting, analysis and controls.
- Must have experience directly managing a team of accounting professionals.
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills’ (ie. Pivot Tables, V-Lookups)
- Proficiency in other Microsoft tools – Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Ability to work independently; strong problem solver; can exercise judgement
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Deliver results within tight timeframes without sacrificing accuracy/details
- Team leader… recruiting, training, promoting
- Unwavering ethical and professional conduct
- 4-year undergraduate degree from an accredited college/university (accounting degree)
- MBA a plus
- Public accounting experience
- Financial Management
- Performance Management
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Ethical Conduct
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to travel as needed
Responsible for the supervision of Finance Department staff
This job operates in an office/clerical environment. While largely a sedentary role, some filing and lifting of files/boxes will be required. This is a full-time position operating during normal business hours. Evening and weekend work may be required as duties demand.
Allbridge is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. Reasonable accommodations for disability are provided to applicants and employees in accordance with applicable law.